AXA’s enterprise reporting and information solutions team was responsible for delivering analytical modelling, operational reporting, application development and subject matter expertise to all business units within the AXA Australia and New Zealand business. Lyndon was the Information Solutions Manager for 4 years responsible for solution architecture, project management and delivery and team management.
- Scrum Product Owner responsible for managing and representing the ‘Voice of the Customer’ in backlog prioritisation, requirements management, sprint planning and print review meetings
- Wrote user stories and epics representing the user requirements for reporting, data and information consumption
- Attended Daily Scrum Meetings and coordinated back with stakeholders to communicate and resolve impediments to delivery.
- Defined and developed the business intelligence operational and strategic plan and roadmap.
- Implement a new operational management system to manage ad hoc request, project and output documentation as well as a data knowledge base to support the self-service component of the new distributed BI model.
- Chaired AXA's BI Governance Steering Committee to manage the distribution, quality, definition and security of information.
- Partnered with the Data Warehouse Manager to develop a strategic plan to make improvements to the warehouse data completeness and usability.
BI Improvement Project
- Led the review and assessment of the migration of AXA's BI reporting to a new platform vs. upgrading the existing platform
- Established a roadmap for BI that initially focused on the improvement of the operating model. This commenced with the development of a new role (Business Improvement Analyst) whose primary focus was on establishing a clean set of reporting assets and the decommissioning of over 200 hundred redundant reports.
- Led the programme of work in automating 40% of AXA's key monthly dashboard leveraging the AXA data warehouse and Hyperion reporting platform.
- Led the solution design and management of AXA's Anti-Money Laundering Transaction Monitoring system as well as devising a remediation plan to resolve certain implementation issues.
- Designed and led the development of a highly functional product system replacement to resolve a mandatory requirement of system decommissioning project.
- Led the implementation of the Oracle APEX application development platform to support the centralisation of unsupported data sources from around the business into a robust / web based Oracle backed platform.